Become a Prospective Member
Take control of your brain health and participate in a groundbreaking research study on reducing your risk of dementia.
Join today for our low introductory membership amount of $25/month + tax for 12 months. This membership fee helps to cover the cost of programming. The research study is funded through grants and other donor contributions.
At the Kimel Family Centre for Brain Health & Wellness, we take brain health seriously. As a study participant, you’ll receive a comprehensive dementia risk evaluation, and our team of experts will develop a personalized programming strategy based on your specific risk factors. Our goal is to provide you with the tools and resources necessary to maintain healthy brain health throughout your life.
- Participate in groundbreaking research
- Access to world-renowned scientists
- Learn about your dementia risk factors
- Receive a personalized programming strategy to help reduce your dementia risks
- Get a 1:1 consultation with a Fitness Coordinator or Program Specialist to choose specific courses best suited to your interests
- Learn how to set S.M.A.R.T goals so you can track your progress
- Participate in evidence-based programs
- Use state-of-the-art facilities
Member Code of Conduct
All participants in the Kimel Family Centre for Brain Health & Wellness are expected to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. It is expected that all groups and individuals, when participating in activities, programs, or events, or using the facility, will adhere to the Code of Conduct.
Sign up to be a Prospective Member
The Kimel Family Centre is not yet open, but if you are eager to get your name on our Prospective Member List, please sign up.
Questions about Membership? Read our FAQs
Acts of violence, disrespect for authority, unsportsmanlike conduct, misuse or abuse of the facility or equipment, or use of foul language or gestures will not be tolerated.
Infractions will be dealt with by the Scientific Directors and Manager of Programs and Operations who reserve the right to remove individuals from programs or from the facility for a stipulated period of time or altogether, if necessary.
In keeping with standard expectations of social etiquette, the following will be considered unacceptable behaviours:
- Activities that infringe on the rights and safety of members, staff, and volunteers/students;
- Destruction of Centre materials, equipment, furniture, or grounds;
- Inappropriate use of computers and the internet;
- Inappropriate behaviour, gestures, or language;
- Acts of violence toward others. This includes verbal, social or physical bullying, and/or harassment;
- Inconsiderate or discourteous behaviour towards members, staff, or volunteers/students;
- Discrimination relating to a Protected Ground as defined by the Canadian Human Rights Act;
- Vandalism or littering in the Centre or on its grounds;
- Violation of smoking ordinances, both inside or outside of the building;
- Violation of health directives (i.e. COVID-19 self-screening, etc).
The Kimel Family Centre reserves the right to remove members from the facility and/or programs via suspension or, in extreme cases, cancellation of membership.
About The Kimel Family Centre for Brain Health and Wellness
The Kimel Family Centre for Brain Health and Wellness is a research unit within the Baycrest Academy for Research and Education.
The Kimel Family Centre offers a variety of health, wellness, and interest programs to qualifying individuals who register for a paid membership. These programs are personally-recommended to each member based on a detailed dementia risk assessment.
Members are also enrolled in a research study that will examine how participation in the member’s personally-recommended programs helps to reduce dementia risk and maintain cognitive functioning.
All members must be actively enrolled in the research study as a condition of membership, except for Baycrest Terraces and 2 Neptune residents who are able to opt-out of the research study and still participate in programs.
If you are interested in applying for a membership and participating in the research study, please complete the Prospective Membership form. The Kimel Family Centre will contact you to tell you about the programs and the research study and determine if you meet the criteria for participation. If you qualify, you will be invited to sign a Membership Agreement & Liability Waiver to participate in the programs and a separate Informed Consent Form to participate in the research study.
The Informed Consent Form documents your consent to participate in the research study and sets out your obligations and rights in connection with the research study.